Helen Paul’s Profie
BIRTH NAME : Helen Paul
NET WORTH :
DATE OF BIRTH/AGE : Born January 29, 1978
PLACE OF BIRTH:
STATE OF ORIGIN : Edo State
OCCUPATION : Comedian, singer and actress
NATIONALITY : Nigerian
MARITAL STATUS/HUABSND : She is married
CHILDREN : Helen has two sons but no daughter yet.
EDUCATION : She received a bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts in 2010 and a master’s degree in 2012, from the University of Lagos.
INSTAGRAM : (@itshelenpaul)
Let’s have a peek into Helen Paul Biography , we shall be introducing you to one of the most celebrated Nigerian comedian, singer, Comedian, Events Host, Writer, Business Strategist named Helen Paul the Tatafo queen. This piece is created for those once that don’t know much about the stunning lady who can mimic the voice of a little child.
Helen Paul is a comedian, singer and actress from Nigeria. She is one of the most recognised Nigerian stand-up comedian, known as Tatafo, characterized by a voice range that made her sound like a child. She also acknowledge as a philanthropist who has helped a lot of people set up small scale businesses. Her style is quirky and spontaneous, and her petite stature.
Early Life And Life Story of Helen Paul
Helen Paul was born on January 29, 1978. The beautiful lady spent most of her early years with her mother and grandmother, both in Lagos. Helen is an indigene of Edo State but born and bred in Lagos.As a kid, she used to entertain small groups of peers, neighbours and friends within the neighbourhood.
According to her in some interview she granted , she shed more light on her childhood days, she recount how her growing up was not easy, as it was filled with “ups and downs” -she was raised by two disciplinarians. She was brought up in a less fortunate home owing to the fact that her parents weren’t wealthy.
Growing up as a kid was very challenging for her as a result of her poor family background, she didn’t have the thing she needed as a child. That was one of the things that motivated her to hustle for herself.
She attended Omiyade Primary School, he attended Jibowu High School, Maryland High School, and Bejide Memorial College, all in Lagos for her secondary school education.
After pursuing her basic education, she later received a bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts in 2010 and a master’s degree in 2012, from the University of Lagos. She also bagged certifications from other institutions, including
- “Certificate in Media Enterprise” from the School of Media and Communications, Pan-African University, and a
- “Basic Presentation Certificate” from the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN).
Helen is currently studying for her PhD degree in Theater Arts in the University of Lagos.
Career ( Media experience, Comedy, Music, Entrepreneurship)
She officially launched her career working in freelance and full-time presenter at several media houses incluidng These include Lagos Television (LTV 8), Continental Broadcasting Service (CBS), MNet (as a co-presenter on Africa Magic Channel 114’s “JARA”), amongst others. M-Net Africa Magic’s “JARA” is a programme that provides fans and viewers generally with inside scoops of Nollywood – the movies, the actors/actresses, directors, producers, interviews, countdown of different categories of the who-is-who in the industry and behind-the-scenes clips.
She gained recognition for her naughty comic character on a critically acclaimed radio program known as “Wetin Dey” on Radio Continental, 102.3FM, Lagos. She is called “Tatafo” on the programme – a witty kid who addresses and lampoons societal issues in a satirical manner.
Helen launched her comedy career when she worked at Eko Reelmix Studios, Radio Lagos/Eko FM as a front desk manager while she also worked as a back-up and voiceover artiste at the same time. She was able to featured on several music projects with artistes and music groups including P-Square, Infinity, Olufunmi, Yinka Davies to name to few.
Needful to mention, she also recorded radio jingles for a number of companies and brand names, including Bank PHB, Peak Milk, Indomie Noodles, Cowbell Milk etc.
Her debut professional stage performance as a comedienne happened when she till a fresh undergraduate of the University of Lagos. It happened when she attended an event with a group of friends but the stand-up comedian billed to perform failed to show up. Her friends who saw her disguised talent pushed her onto the stage to do something for the congregation because they believed that she could perform even better than the comedian who was suppose to perform. The organizers of the event didn’t believe she can do anything that is capable of putting smile on the face of the crowd present, but to the surprise of everybody she mounted the stage and put up a superlative performance that elicited a thunderous applause from the crowd.
In 2012, Helen launched a bridal and fabric boutique in Lagos called “Massive Fabrics and Bridals”. She also went ahead to open three other outlets of the Boutique in different parts of Lagos. Two years later, she established a film and theater academy, named “Helen Paul Theater and Film Academy”.
She launched her music career after joining the entertainment industry and released her debut album “Welcome Party” in year 20212.
Helen is also an On Air Personality. She currently anchors two radio programmes – “Tatafo Gist” on Naija FM, which airs every Friday from 9:00am to 10:00am, and “Comedy Drive Time With Tatafo” on Metro FM every Monday, from 4:30pm till 6:00pm. Her programs has been able to gain massive listener-ship because she put smile on many lips, as well as relax frayed nerves.
She currently hold some mouth watering endorsement deals.
- She was appointed as an ambassador by Telecommunications giant, Globacom in year 2014.
- In 2015, she was appointed as Ambassador for the Harpic brand.
- She was also appointed as an ambassador for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
- She also has endorsement deals with some giant Nigerian compnaies like GoTV, a cable television station owned by Multichoice, Olumide Emmanuel’s “School of Money” amongst others.
Helen Paul’s Awards And Recognition
- 2012 African Film Awards (Afro-Hollywood, UK) – Comedienne of the Year
- 2012 Exquisite Lady of the Year Award (Exquisite Magazine) – Female TV Presenter of the Year
- 2014 Exquisite Lady of the Year Award (Nominated) – TV Presenter of the Year (Jare, Africa Magic)
- 2012 Effizie Style and Effects Awards (Effizzie Magazine) – Comedienne of the Year
- 2012 Sacramento Productions – Children’s Entertainer of the Year
- 2012 Doyen – Naija Growing Green Media Dinner Award – Recognition Award as
- Advocate/Ambassador of Peace and Unity for a Better and Greener Nigeria
- 2014 Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (NBMA) – Outstanding TV presenter (Female) (Entertainment/Talk Show)
- 2012 National Institute for Cultural Orientation – Merit Award in Recognition of Support for Children’s Initiative
- 2009 Exquisite Lady of the Year Award (Exquisite Magazine) – Female Comedian of the Year
- 2011 Rotaract Club Award – Outstanding Female Comedian of the Year
- 2011 City People Entertainment Magazine Award – Female Comedian of the Year
Helen Paul’s Movies
- 2011 – ‘”The Return of Jenifa role of Tunrayo
- 2012 – A Wish Lead role – a lady who battles cancer.
- 2011 – Damage Cameo role
- 2012 – The Place: Chronicle of the Book
- 2014 – When Love Happens
- 2014 – Alakada2 Supporting role
- 2014 – Akii The Blind Supporting role
- 2014 – Abiodun Kogberegbe Supporting role
- 2012 – Osas”” (Omoge Benin) Comic act
- 2012 – Igboya
- Mama Put Lead role
- Pawns Supporting role
- The Lion and The Jewel, a stage drama written by Wole Soyinka and directed by Tunji Sotimirin
- The Wives, a stage drama written by Ahmed Yerima and directed by Wole Oguntokun
- Moremi Ajansoro, a stage drama written by Lekan Balogun and directed by Benson William
- Ovonramwen Nogbaisi, a stage drama written by Ola Rotimi/Ahmed Yerima and directed by Alex Osho