An aide to Ekiti State Governor, named Lere Olayinka, has reacted to the release of the abducted students from Dapchi, Yobe state.

The governor’s aide in a tweet, alleged that those who “removed Military checkpoints” and allowed the girls to be abducted “have released them.”

Earlier we had posted the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, released a statementconfirming the release of some of the abducted Dapchi school girls.

According to the minister, only 76 out of the 110 girls were released this morning.

Once again, find his statement below:

The directive by President Muhammadu Buhari to all security agencies to do everything possible to secure the release of the Dapch schoolgirls, who were abducted 19 Feb. 2018, has yielded fruits, with the confirmed release of 76 of the 110 abducted students in the early hours of Wednesday.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday, the Minister of
Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the 76 are those who have been documented so far, adding that the release of the abducted students is ongoing.

He said the girls were released around 3 a.m. through back-channel efforts and with the help of some friends of the country, and that it was unconditional.

”For the release to work, the government had a clear understanding that violence and confrontation would not be the way out as it could endanger the lives of the girls, hence a non-violent approach was the preferred option.

”Within the period when the girls were being brought back,
operational pause was observed in certain areas to ensure free passage and also that lives were not lost,” Alhaji Mohammed said.

He said the number of the freed girls would be updated after the remaining ones have been documented, especially because the girls were not handed over to anyone but dropped off in Dapchi.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here